Music, more or less

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Washington Square 1/14

A gray, wet afternoon. I played a bit by myself on the Ovation. Tried to accompany myself on harmonica but it sounded pretty awful. I realized later that it was in the wrong key (for cross-harp in the key of E you need an A harp, not B. I found this out the hard way)

I had Vince and Jeff as an audience, and a couple of passers by, including a very interested toddler with intense blue eyes.

A young guy with a guitar came by looking for Scott. I directed him to the bluegrass jam at Paddy Reilly's, where I've seen Scott a couple of times.

I did St Louis Blues and a couple of Dylan songs at Jeff's request (Don't Think Twice, Tambourine Man, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues). Also did Worried Man Blues and Busted. Did Springsteen's State Trooper, which Vince got a kick out of.

When I was in the park earlier today (practicing harmonica), a guy with a guitar case and a dog came by and asked to borrow a pick. I happened to have one in my pocket and gave it to him. He said that he had been commissioned to do the music for a movie being produced in Europe, and was going to go work on a new song. Nicely dressed guy with an accent.

Arthur was in the park today, showed me how to play "Dance With Me" in key of D. Anthony was there with his Martin, told me he couldn't wait till Spring.

No comments: