Music, more or less

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Awesome website: folkstreams.net

I just found this website called folkstreams. It contains a lot of streaming documentary films about "American folk or roots culture". I just watched one by the great Alan Lomax about folk culture in Appalachia, made in 1991. There seem to be hundreds of others that I want to watch.

Here is my problem: too much music to listen too, too many books to read, too many films to watch, too many songs to learn, too many musical instruments to play. I certainly won't be able to get through all of it in this life, so I guess I'll have to come back a few more times. Meantime, I'll just try to enjoy myself.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I suggest quitting your job and living the rest of your life absorbing knowledge in luxury.

Right?

Sam said...

And you haven't even started exploring hip-hop!